| This section includes documentation that cannot
be downloaded from this site that might be of interest to the practitioner,
but that we have not included here either because we do not have an electronic
copy available, because some of the documents have to be purchased or because we have not (yet) received permission for inclusion
onto this site. When such information is available on the Internet, we have
however provided a link to the corresponding site.
Note that we cite first those elements that have an on-line access, and then those for which we have a reference but for which we have no URL available. The order of the citations is alphabetic by the reference code and does not necessarily indicate importance.
References - Online
- [Dijkstra], Dijkstra, Edsger W., "A position paper on software reliability", referenced unclear, link belonging to the University of Texas.
- [FALLA96] Falla, Mike, "Results and Achievements from the DTI/EPSRC
R&D Programme in Safety Critical Systems," Edited by Mike Falla,
Motor Industry Software Reliability Association, November 1996.
- [FHWA04] "Software Reliability - A Preliminary Handbook", Publication NO. FHWA-HRT-04-080, U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration, September 2004
- [LAKEY97] Lakey, Peter and Neufelder, Ann Marie, "System and
Software Reliability Assurance Notebook," Rome Laboratory Report,
Griffiss Air Force Base, Rome NY, 1997. http://www.cs.colostate.edu/~cs530/rh/
- [Liu96] Liu, Michael R.; Handbook of Software Reliability Engineering, IEEE Computer Society Press & McGraw Hills, ISBN 0070394008, April 1996
- [Nilsen06] Nilsen, Kelvin; "Applying RAMS Principles to the Development of a Safety-Critical Java Specification", Crosstalk, February 2006.
- [Pan99] Pan, Jiantao; "Software reliability", Carnegie_Mellon University, Spring 1999
- [Russo92] Russo, Leonard l.; "Software System Safety Guide", US Army Communications & Electronics Command, May 1992.
- [Rosenberg98], Rosemberg, Linda; Hammer, Ted; Shaw, Jack; "Software Metrics and Reliability", NASA Assurance and Technology Center, ISSRE, November 1998,
- [Savain04] Savain, Louis; "The Silver Bullet: Why Software is Bad and What We Can Do to Fix it", 2004.
- [SWTech04} DoD Software Tech News, Software Reliability Engineering, December 2004, Vol. 8 no. 1.
- [SWTech04} DoD Software Tech News, Software Reliability, March 2002, Vol. 3 no. 4.
- [Trivendi02] Trivedi, Kishor S., Software Aging & Rejuvenation: Modeling and Analysis, SHAMAN 2002 Keynote address, June 2002
- [Widmeier00] Widmeier, J.; Smidts, Carol; Huang, Xin; "Producing More Reliable Software: Mature Software Engineering Process vs. State-of-the-Art Technology?", ICSE 2000, Limerick, Ireland, 2000, publiched by the ACM, ACM 23000 1-58113-206-9/00/06
Software Reliability References - Offline
- [BASILI02] Basili, Vic, Boehm, Barry, and others, "What We Have
Learned About Fighting Defects," Proceedings of the Eighth IEEE
Symposium on Software Metrics (METRICS™02), IEEE Computer Society, 2002.
- [DACS02] DACS CD, "Software Reliability Source Book," Data and Analysis Center for Software.
- [HELAN98] Helander, M., Shao, M., and Ohlsson, N. "Planning Models
for Software Reliability and Cost," IEEE Transactions on Software
Engineering, Vol 24, Number 6, June 1998, pp 420-434.
- [HERRM99] Herrmann, D., Software Safety and Reliability: Techniques,
Approaches, and Standards of Key Industrial Sectors, IEEE Computer Society,
Los Alamitos, CA, 1999.
- [JONES97] Jones, Capers, "Software Quality In 1997: What Works
and What Doesn't," Software
Productivity Research, 1997.
- [LEVESON95] Leveson, Nancy G., Safeware: System Safety and Computers,
Addison Wesley Publishing Company, 1995.
- [LITTLEWOOD] Littlewood, B. and Strigini, L., "Software Reliability
and Dependability: a Roadmap, in The Future of Software Engineering",
State of the Art Reports given at the 22nd Int. Conf. on Software Engineering,
Limerick, June 2000, (A. Finkelstein, Ed.), pp. 177-188, ACM Press,
- [LYU96] Lyu, Michael, Handbook of Software Reliability Engineering,
ISBN 0-07-039400-8, McGraw Hill, 1996.
- [MUSA92] Musa, John D. "Operational Profiles in Software Reliability
Engineering," IEEE Software, March 1993, pages 14-32.
- [MUSA99] Musa, John D., Software Reliability Engineering, McGraw-Hill
Book Company, NY, 1999.
- [NEUF02] Neufelder-Owner, A., N., "The Facts About Predicting
Software Defects and Reliability," Journal of the RAC, 2ndQ, 2002,
- [PRIM97] PRIM-97, "Worldwide Reliability & Maintainability
Standards," Reliability Analysis Center, IIT Research Institute
/ Reliability Analysis Center, Rome, NY, 1997.
- [SCHN97] Schneidewind, N., "Reliability Modeling for Safety-Critical
Software," IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Vol 46, Number 1,
March 1997, pp 88-98.
- [SSSHDBK99] Joint Software System Safety Committee and EIA G-46 Committee,
"Software System Safety Handbook," Joint Services Computer
Resources Management Group, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, 1999.
- [Trivendi01] Trivedi, Kishor S., Probability and Statistics with Reliability,
Queuing, and Computer Science Applications, John Wiley and Sons, New
York, 2001., ISBN number 0-471-33341-7
- [XTALK03] CrossTalk, "Programming Languages," Journal of
Defense Software Engineering, Vol. 16 No. 2, February 2003.